performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GENERAL FORUM INFORMATION > WHO'S WHO?

Old 08-06-08, 10:48 AM   #1
vongbait

Default The Mom

Hi

This may be a bit odd. My daughter is 16 and not very out going when she is off her stilts (so she may never come here). She has been stilting (painter stilts) for about 3yrs and performing at charity events for about 2 1/2. About 7months ago her acting teacher taught her how to juggle. We just got a nice pair of peg stilts and she is trying to achieve balance. She can walk on them, just not stand still yet.

Aside from juggling she also blows bubbles and is working on creative movement with her new stilts. The young kids really love the bubbles. We have battery operated bubble blowers when there is no wind and big bubble wands when there is a wind to help blow and move the bubbles around. As far as creative movement, I think her dance classes will come in handy with that.

My daughter would love to do more events, but in our area it is kind of slow. We also would only be able to work in a small area, our state reigon (currently East TN) and the three neighboring states.

You can check out one of her charity events here- http://www.etch.com/Development.cfm -She is on the last page of this publication of theirs - Champions for Children's Summer 2008.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004693.jpg (61.1 KB, 123 views)
vongbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-08, 02:56 PM   #2
jeep caillouet

Default slow

MOM, east Tn. has always been a bit slow! You can work in Chattanooga down by the aquarium. I've worked there before and it's a good morning pitch with a lot of kids.
Old 08-07-08, 03:35 PM   #3
vongbait

Jeep

Thank you for the tip.
vongbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 01:52 PM   #4
jeep caillouet

Default Nashville

You can also work in Nashville downtown at 2nd and Broadway. Also you can work in Memphis on the downtown mall and on Bealle st. Memphis in May is the best time to work there perticually the Memphis in May B.B.Q.
Old 08-08-08, 07:31 PM   #5
Steven Ragatz

Contact 'Cybele' on this forum. She has kids about the same age as yours and they do stilts with juggling at regional performances, though they live on the East coast. I'm sure she would have some suggestions as a kindred spirit!

Steven Ragatz
Steven Ragatz is offline   Reply With Quote