performers.net forums  

Go Back   performers.net forums > GIG OPPORTUNITIES - POST GIGS HERE! > GIGS - OTHER

Old 07-16-11, 09:20 AM   #1
omnigut

Send a message via Skype™ to omnigut
Default (Mostly) London-based Buskers needed

Hi,
I'm filming an international documentary about street performance around the world - 30 countries, 40 destinations, 10 months. We're putting something very beautiful together a website, documentary and book as the first people to look at street performance from a global perspective. It has taken a LONG time to say this, but we fully believe now that our content is quality content.

We started the project without enough money to finish, and so we're putting on fundraisers in New York and London to raise cash. This is an announcement for the London one, for August 14th.

I know buskers are always being asked to do free gigs. It's disgusting. And please don't think I undervalue buskers' talents I'm doing a documentary about them/you. The benefits I've listed are everything I can possibly offer, and hopefully it will be enough.

We would like London-based buskers because it'll be easier to get London newspapers excited, but other performers can apply.

I should mention that although it's a fantastic venue, The Bedford will not allow chainsaw or fire juggling, or anything else that'll put the stage at risk (it's a very old and established site!).

---------------

The Busking Project's Balham BUSKATHON!

Date: AUGUST 14th, 2011

Location: The Bedford Pub, Balham, London (77 Bedford Hill, a two minute walk from Balham station)

Format: Up to ten acts will perform routines from their street shows during the night. We're trying to get a guest performance from one of the many stars who started their careers on the street. We're charging 8 on the door, and requesting that people bring extra to donate to the project's success. There will be a silent auction of local goods and services. Also, we will be selling The Busking Project-related merchandise.

What we want from you: A 15-20 minute performance, plus a sound check and rehearsal beforehand if necessary. Also, we hope for an interview session beforehand with local press.

What you get:
We will promote you on our website
You will be included in our outreach (twitter, facebook, newsletters), on the credits of the DVD, in the acknowledgements of our book, and on vimeo
We will film all performances in HD, which will then go online
You will get a copy of all footage we have taken of you to do with as you please,
The Bedford will live-stream the event on their website

The Bedford is one of London's most prestigious venues, serving as a springboard for acts such as The Clash and U2, and has been a host to many famous artists.

Links:
www.thebuskingproject.com
www.thebedford.co.uk

Essentially, we're busking to get this project finished, asking people interested in our success to give what they can. So far we have relied on the help of dozens of people around the world, a community that we would like to add you to.

Thanks for your time,

Nick
omnigut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
balham, bedford, event, fundraiser, london