View Single Post
Old 11-28-12, 01:19 PM   #6
davidkaye

I'm not sure why you're not pointing AmazingArthur to the ProfessionalShowoff content. I find that once you get a moniker it's important to go with it consistently. In one of my other worlds I am a freelance computer tech (virus, speeding up old computers, simple web pages, security cameras). I was originally "Affordable PC Housecalls", but one of my customers kept referring to me as "Honest Dave" and unbeknownst to me put up a Yelp page under Honest Dave. I didn't even know I was on Yelp until I got a phone call. I then began advertising in the phone book and elsewhere as Honest Dave and things began to take off. I noticed that I got almost double the new customers under Honest Dave than under Affordable. So, if you've got a moniker I'd suggest sticking with it.

As for participation, I think we need to spread the word here and there (such as on various places on Craigslist, etc) that this forum exists. Over the years participation has gone down, and we don't want to see that happen, do we?
davidkaye is offline   Reply With Quote